Canon CF card problem

Strafe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

I'm a student photography in belgium who just bought a canon 7D. Now I'm having a frustrating problem with my card or camera. I hope somebody can help me out with this..

So I'm using a Lexar 32 GB Pro 300x UDMA CF card. It works fine when I'm taking photos, but when I start shooting videos this error shows up:

"Err 02, Ext. media cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change or format card with camera."

Now I did format the card from the first moment I placed it in my 7D. I tried formatting it again, in my camera and on my computer with no luck. I don't know what is wrong. I'm hoping it's my card and not my camera.

I googled and found out that many people are using a 16 GB extreme sandisk. Should I try to get my money back for the Lexar card and get a sandisk extreme? I do both photography and videography if that helps.
Thanks in advance, F.

sounds like the card I always use the scandisk ones.

Insert your Lexar card in other camera to check whether there is problem in card or camera. If the same error is shown in another camera and you are not able to view your files like photos and videos then it is certain that your Lexar memory card is corrupted and there is no problem with camera.

You can get rid of the mentioned error only by formatting your lexar card and formatting will erase all the files you have already stored.

if there is some important files like photos and videos are in it then you can recover it by using a Memory Card Recovery Software.

It recovers photos, videos and other multimedia files from corrupted memory card including from other storage media. It recovers all the formats of audios, videos and images and available for mac and windows users.

You can download its Trial Version from Memory card recovery software - recover lost, photos, audio, videos from various cards

Hello all,

I'm a student photography in belgium who just bought a canon 7D. Now I'm having a frustrating problem with my card or camera. I hope somebody can help me out with this..

So I'm using a Lexar 32 GB Pro 300x UDMA CF card. It works fine when I'm taking photos, but when I start shooting videos this error shows up:

"Err 02, Ext. media cannot be accessed. Reinsert/change or format card with camera."

Now I did format the card from the first moment I placed it in my 7D. I tried formatting it again, in my camera and on my computer with no luck. I don't know what is wrong. I'm hoping it's my card and not my camera.

I googled and found out that many people are using a 16 GB extreme sandisk. Should I try to get my money back for the Lexar card and get a sandisk extreme? I do both photography and videography if that helps.
Thanks in advance, F.
I agree. the 1st thing to do is a cross check!

I would like to suggest you to go through camera manual once again. If it is saying that it is compatible with 32 GB Pro 300x UDMA CF card then consult the shopkeeper and ask about it.

You can shoot some videos in front of him and show him that it is not working.

If it gives the same error message while shooting videos then you may ask him to return your money.

wish you all the best

Most reactions

Back