Canon D20

Very easy to use. Fantastic picture quality. Anything else? :)

I really like the feel of the 20D over the Rebel XT. I like the layout and the thumb wheel is something I couldn't live without.

agreed, it comes in really handy. like always, try it out and see how you like the feel before you buy it. some people dont like the thumb wheel, and prefer the smaller size of the XT.

Anybody have any probs with natural light? My friend uses a d20 and he has said he has some blur probs with it outside... if this is something he is doing do you know the solution?

lol... two questions in one!

The solution to your friend's problem is....get a faster lens. Or use a faster shutter speed. Well maybe not, but without more info...that's what I can tell you. :p

The 20D goes up to ISO 1600 and even has an "H" setting which is ISO 3200. It gets fairly grainy up there...but it's no worse than a cheap digi-cam at ISO 400.

Actually, some people have had focus issues with some lenses on the 20D (and some other new digital bodies). I don't seem to have that problem with mine, and Canon can recalibrate for you if it's really that bad. Some people have problems because the actual focus sensor is bigger than the little box in the view finder...so it may not focus on what you think it is...but that's hard to figure out.

The 20D is a great camera. Many members here have one, and most or all of them seem to be pleased with it.

another happy 20D user here! I primarily bought them for the high ISO performance.

Another 20D user here as well! I have never had problems with it concerning grainy pics at higher ISO's, The only time I had problem with slower than normal shutter speeds is when I have used lenses other than Canon, I had some sigma lenses...and I wont EVER go that route again!

I've only had mine a week or so, but I'm in love. I definitely am going to get the 50mm f/1.8 or f/1.4 and one or two other lenses. I was not blown away by the quality of the pics with the kit lens and using Auto, but I'm just figuring out the manual settings and am much more pleased with those pics than with it on full auto. Even with the kit lens and no thought to lighting, I've taken a few really awesome shots. I LOVE the thumb wheel and I prefer the size and heft over the Rebel (which I handled).

Michele, I just bought the 50 mm f1.4 lens from B&H today! Cant wait to use it next week! I rarely use auto on my camera, if its on auto its because I handed it to my husband! LOL I have had very good results with the kit lens so far..I will have to post some pics soon to show...

ShelleySnapz said:
Another 20D user here as well! I have never had problems with it concerning grainy pics at higher ISO's, The only time I had problem with slower than normal shutter speeds is when I have used lenses other than Canon, I had some sigma lenses...and I wont EVER go that route again!

that's a rather silly comment...

first of all, what is a 'normal' shutter speed? second, what do you think causes slower shutter speeds, and what made your non-canon lenses unable to reach faster speeds?

thebeginning said:
first of all, what is a 'normal' shutter speed? second, what do you think causes slower shutter speeds, and what made your non-canon lenses unable to reach faster speeds?

normal shutter speed meaning midday shooting average lighting etc...I compared my canon lenses witht he sigmas and noticed that the canon performed better. As for what caused the slower shutter speeds...I dunno.. but Im not going to chance sigma lenses again, I just wasnt satisfied with their performance

It's a shame that you feel that way about all Sigma lenses. There are many Sigma lenses that are better (and cheaper) than some Canon lenses. There are also many Canon lenses that are much better than Sigma lenses. etc. etc.

If you are comparing a slow, cheap Sigma lens to a decent Canon lens...well, I can see why you feel that way...but it's no reason to ignore other great lenses.

Check the price on a Canon 70-200 F2.8 and check the price of a Sigma 70-200 F2.8 I think it's about $700 difference...and from most accounts, the Canon is little or no better.

Most reactions

Back