Canon EF 24-85mm USM

RJOquendo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I don't know if this belongs here so admins, if you could move it to the right spot it would be great!

I'm planning on buying this lens on craigslist for $250, just wondering.. is it worth it? I don't really know much about it but I've read reviews and it seems to be alright. Right now I only have the canon xti kit lens and a 75-300 zoom.

Canon 24 - 85mm USM lens w/ hood & UV filter - $250

- excellent condition
-front and rear glass are perfect
- Hoya 67mm UV filter included
- Canon tulip style hood (EW-73 II) included

Welcome to the forum.

It's not a very popular lens, so I don't know much about it. But it appears to be a decent lens....so for $250 (CDN), it might be worth it.

Are you planning on using this lens as a replacement to your 18-55mm....or as a supplement?
If you replace your 18-55mm, you may find that 24mm just isn't wide enough. But at the same time, there is a lot of overlap if you are going to carry both lenses around.

Given the choice, I'd recommend the EF-S 17-85mm IS, instead of this one. Or the 28-135mm IS, if you want something longer.

I pretty much want to replace the kit lens.

I'm leaning towards EF-S 17-85mm now. its $350 on craigslist.

If you want to replace your Kit lens, try to see if you can locate a used Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 lens. (or a new one)

The Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 lens is a pretty good lens especially for the price.

I am pretty much on a budget and the most i can spend is 400.

BTW, what would be a good lens for studio photography, and im looking for a wide angle lens.

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back