Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens

lathamemmons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
im considering buying this lens for a upcoming trip.
and i would like to know all there is to know.
i read one review that it will probly break within a year of normal use,is this true?

If you can find the older Mark I version, you'll get slightly better build and a metal mount. But the MarkII version should serve you just fine on your trip just treat it as you would any of your other photo equipment.

it's a very cheap lens with cheap quality parts, but since it is such a basic construction it is still quite good. for $70 you can't really complain. it's a great lens for the price, i'd say get it. i did the same for a trip i did this summer and i'm glad i did.

Don't consider...just buy it. At $70, no EOS owner should be without one.

It will be so much faster (large aperture) and sharper than the two lenses you have listed.

You made a good choice....I have had mine for over a year now and I use it a lot when taking photo of people and at weddings. The best bang for your buck out there.

~Ben

I'ts an very good choice, essential, best price and very luminous.
If you want zooming, one step ahead or one step behind :D

I bought mine 6 months ago and it shares equal time with my 70-200 L on my camera body.

Probably a little late for this, but if you could afford the 50mm 1.4 go for that. The only complaint I have about the 1.8 is the zoom is sometimes not so quick but the 1.4 has USM. I still love this lens, it will really open your eyes to basic photography because you'll have to think about framing instead of zooming.

Most reactions

Back