Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L + EOS 7D Underwater Videos

EOS 5D mk II was used as well. I just noticed this.

that's just awesome! Those RC heli with the live view feed is cool as hell!

that's just awesome! Those RC heli with the live view feed is cool as hell!

Ya I was very impressed.

They had some real pros doing this.

I would love to have an underwater housing so much, but they cost $$$.

From the Canon product page:
Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM

"For filmmakers and photographers who want the look and feel only possible with extreme wide angle and fisheye photography, the new Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM is a world-class choice. With its unique focal length range, the EF 8-15mm f/4L USM is the world's widest fisheye zoom lens. It delivers 180° diagonal angle of view images for all EOS SLR cameras with imaging formats ranging from full-frame to APS-C, and provides 180° circular fisheye images for full-frame EOS models. It features UD glass for suppression of chromatic aberration, a Subwavelength coating for reduced ghosting, a newly developed Fluorine coating that keeps soiling, smears and fingerprints to a minimum, has full-time manual focus for instant switching from AF to Manual operation, and is built to the standards of the amazing Canon L-series of lenses. This means the finest optics, the best construction and the best performance available, all in a lens designed to stimulate creativity and deliver stunning images every time."

It looks to me like a really amazing lens all around.

Now I want one lol.

Canonrumors says that it will cost $1,400...

Very cool! How about that piano wrapped in the storm! Yikes!

I think my favorite part by far was how they time lapsed an entire day and night.

When the sun came up after the stars were moving overhead, my damn jaw dropped. They found the perfect place for it too, in that canyon where it would be dark at night.

I want this lens so bad now, and will most likely pull the trigger on it right when B&H first gets it in stock.

Is it worth $1,400?

Yes please!

Can anyone tell me how this lens would work on a FF vs. APS-C?

The official website says that it provides 180 degree fisheye on both FF and APS-C, and circular fisheye on FF.

What does this mean exactly?

The official website says that it provides 180 degree fisheye on both FF and APS-C, and circular fisheye on FF.

The perspective never changes from 8-15mm, it just magnifies the image to fit a FF or crop sensor. I think of it more like this: it's a fisheye that has a "setting" for crop (8mm) and "setting" FF (15mm).

Last edited by a moderator:

The perspective never changes from 8-15mm, it just magnifies the image to fit a FF or crop sensor. I think of it more like this: it's a fisheye that has a "setting" for crop (8mm) and "setting" FF (15mm).

TY Matt.

I didnt know it worked like this...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back