Canon EOS-1 or EOS-5 film camera. Help please

taskoni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks.
I am trying to decide which one to get. I am a newbie as for cameras but I really have a GAS for a film one. Checking and re-checking I found out that EOS-1 is somehow better (?) but can not use EF-S lenses. I am not sure if the EOS-5 can use EF-S lenses as well. To be honest the lens thing is the main issue for me since both cameras are way over my needs. At some point I was considering EOS-620 as well... Any advice will be much appreciated!
BTW, I have a big amount of Fuji velvia 50 and Fuji Superia Reala 100 so this I'll be shooting if it'll help you to help me choose a cam.
Regards,
b.

NO 35mm cameras can use EF-S lenses. EF-S is for digital crop sensors only.

Thanks man!
I am stupid, I ment IS lenses but wrote EF-S :blushing:

Any EOS camera should be able to use IS lenses. It's completely self contained in the lens, so the camera shouldn't matter.

That's nice :)
So that make my life more easier - I'll buy the first one I find for a good price :)

Thanks Mike.

Regards,
b.

Which EOS 1 are you looking at (there are a few versions)?

The very first one and the EOS-1N. The 1v is to pro and expensive for me :)

Ok, to alter a little my tread - I just bought Canon EOS-5 instead of EOS 1 to make my first steps into photography. I thought will save some bucks for a good lens...So now what the lens is going to be is the question of the day... I feel like going for a fixed instead of a zoom in the beginning.
I read here not so bad reviews on EF 50mm f/1.8 but I still have some doubts.
Shall I spring a bit more for 50mm f/1.4 USM or 35mm one?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Regards,
b.

Spring for the 1.4 if you can.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back