Canon EOS-1N

frXnz kafka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone use this camera? I usually prefer full-manual cameras for film, but I'm planning on buying some nice glass for my Canon XT this summer and it would be nice to be able to use it for film stuff as well. I figure if I'm going to buy a "modern" film camera I might as well buy a nice one. Any suggestions on what to look out for? I plan on buying used, obviously, either through Keh.com or eBay.

make sure to stay away from EF-s lenses then. they would not work on your film camera since it is full frame.

i believe the EOS 1N is a nice camera.

I haven't used one...but they were a pro work horse for a lot of shooters.

My only concern would be how much use and abuse it would have taken as a pro camera.

make sure to stay away from EF-s lenses then. they would not work on your film camera since it is full frame.

i believe the EOS 1N is a nice camera.
Definitely. I've never been a fan of EF-S glass.

I haven't used one...but they were a pro work horse for a lot of shooters.

My only concern would be how much use and abuse it would have taken as a pro camera.
Yea, the thing I'm most worried about is the shutter.

Another concern is that the fit and feel of the 1N might make your XT feel like a toy in comparison ;)

Another concern is that the fit and feel of the 1N might make your XT feel like a toy in comparison ;)
Haha yea I was thinking about that. I'm going to be shooting mostly film in the fall, hopefully I'll want to go back the XT after.

Haha yea I was thinking about that. I'm going to be shooting mostly film in the fall, hopefully I'll want to go back the XT after.
If not, there is still the digital 1-series :p

Most reactions

Back