Canon EOS 1V question

rachelrstricklin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, this may be a dumb question but I am using a 35mm Canon EOS 1V and I was wondering if I could switch lenses in the middle of using a roll of film. Anybody done that with this particular camera?

Thanks

Not with that camera but I've changed film mid roll... It works with mechanical cameras like the older ones that had the Canon FD mount, but if your EOS uses the battery to power the film rewind I don't know a way to do it.

With a mechanical camera I try to not rewind too fast and when I feel the tension release I leave a tail of film. I use a photo safe pen to mark the cartridge or I write down how many frames I shot, so when I put it in another camera I can advance the film (leaving the lens cap on) to about where I left off - and maybe leave a couple of extra frames so I don't overlap what I previously shot.

nm..... see below!

Last edited:
Switching lenses in the middle of a roll of film is normal and safe. There should be absolutely NO problem with switching lenses any time on a fine camera like the EOS 1V.

Misread that one, didn't I? lol Yeah you can changes lenses on an SLR (and sometimes film too!).

Switching lenses in the middle of a roll of film is normal and safe. There should be absolutely NO problem with switching lenses any time on a fine camera like the EOS 1V.

thank you!

Most reactions

Back