Canon EOS 20D firmware question...

boardforlife97

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im new to photography and i just bought a used Canon DSLR 20D camera. My computer does not recognize the camera when i plug it in. I searched for a driver download on the Canon website, and it told me that no driver was available. I was going to update the firmware, but when i looked on the camera, there was no firmware listed.

Im running Windows 7 64 bit OS. I have no problem just downloading the pictures from the CF Card, but im wondering if i should update the firmware and why it is not showing up on the camera. Be easy on me, im only 14. It is my FIRST SLR camera and my first forum

Nevrmind, we figured it out, the camera doesnt work with windows 7 64 bit yet

Windows 7 64 bit will recognize the camera and automatically install the correct driver. Go to the camera's menu, and change the communication setting from normal to PTP. Hope this helps you. It worked for me with my two Windows 7 computers.

Last edited:
Windows 7 64 bit will recognize the camera and automatically install the correct driver. Got to the camera's menu, and change the communication setting from normal to PTP. Hope this helps you. It worked for me with my two Windows 7 computers.
I recently ran into this problem, with that camera....and that was the solution.

Also, I only had to do this because I didn't have a card reader on hand. Back at my home office, I have a couple card readers, so I never have to plug the camera into the computer.

Most reactions

Back