Canon EOS 300D

Dandy-Warhol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
quarry.mediaobjects.co.uk
Hello everyone!

I'm back! (BMW-M6) Check introduction forum for story!

I'm looking around for a digital camera and my eye caught the new CANON EOS 300D.

So I wanted to know if others here are using this camera already and if they do, maybe they'd like to share their findings and maybe even advice me to look for another camera in that price range.

Cheers!

Eric
Good to be back!

Well, i havent looked at the digital version.
But i have read about the cannon eos 3000. Looks great, has some problems like it uses flash to much.
Apparently it feels quiet plasticy n stuff, but i recon this will be fixed with the digital version.
Personally, i think go with a cannon or a nikon, best buy me thinks.
Go for it :D

That seems to be one of the most asked questions in photography forums lately. Try some searches and I'm sure you will come up with every manner of opinion.

The 300D has a great CMOS sensor and captures great quality pictures. The kit lens that can purchased with it, is fairly good and gives you a "normal" zoom range on the camera. The camera of course has a 1.6 times magnification factor with lenses compared to film camera bodies.

The 300D is basically still a Canon EOS Rebel (or equivalent, 3000?) It's an entry level camera with a plastic body. It lacks a lot of the features that an advanced amateur or pro would like to see in a camera body. Check it out and decide if those missing features will make a difference to you. If so, look at the Canon 10D, which has the same sensor but a more advanced body and feature set.

Also, if you are not too invested in Canon gear. I have heard a lot of good things about the new Nikon D70. It's has more features than the 300D for just a little more money.

I thought id give you a link to a site so you can check out all the digi SLRs available, or alot of them.

Click here To have a look whats on offer.

If you have a specific make, search again, by going to here

This should be able to help narrow down your search to peticular makes and a certain allowance of money, good luck :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back