Canon EOS 30D books

FalconB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Team,

I am looking for the following books, any idea whee I can get them appart from Amazon?

1 - Canon EOS 30D Digital Field Guide by Charlotte K. Lowrie
2 - Canon EOS 30D (Magic Lantern Guide) (Magic Lantern Guide) by Rob Sheppard
3 - Canon Eos 30d Guide to Digital SLR Photography by David Busch.

What's wrong with Amazon?

Actually, I don't know why you would need/want a whole book (or three) that is specific to one camera. The instruction manual for my 20D is very comprehensive, the 30D is practically the same camera so I'd assume the manual is also very good.

It's a camera, just like any other camera. I'd suggest getting a book that is more general, or more specific to the type of photography you do. It doesn't even need to be specific to digital photography, the basics of photography are the same today as they have been for 100 years.

I agree with Mike. Please do not buy any book on 30D. Period. Manual is good enough. The reason I am saying is I bought a book and it made me sick of the principals of photography, relationship between apperture and shutter speed etc. I hope that you have used some point and shoot of canon earlier and are familiar about the basics. In fact you can shoot and see immediately without spending anything on printing and developing. You can learn from exif.
Still if you are keen I will try to post a link (tomorrow, I have it in my office) on 30D that talks about the most widely used settings in details. One another link is given below, possibly you may find something there.
http://samys.webphotoschool.biz/Basic_Startup_for_the_Canon_30D/index.html
ketan

Most reactions

Back