Canon EOS 30D or Pentax K10D?

StanDarsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at the pricing of these two, i can get a used 30D for (New Zealand $)$1,250 which comes with a cheap CANON EF-50mm f/1.8 II lens + warranty since the owner has had it for only 1 month, or i can get Pentax K10D brand new with kit lens F3.5-5.6, 18-55 mm for $1,325 with warranty etc., each has it's pros and cons. Which would be the ideal to get?

Between the two, the overwhelming majority of folks here will tell you to go Canon. Pentax has always been the red headed step child in the camera world but they make a heck of a camera. They just do so w/o a lot of advertising and aren't as recognized as Canon or Nikon. The downside of Pentax is that their lenses as well as pentax mount lenses from Sigma, Tamron, etc are made in less supply and are frequently out of stock. The new k10d has been very successful for Pentax and apparently they have been having a hard time keeping supplies including the lenses in stock. That is the downside of Pentax. As far as quality and features, I think the K10D stands up well against many of it's equally priced and even some more expensive competitors.

That wasn't a helpful post as far as making a decision, but really it's your money and you will decide. Read reviews for both, look at the side by side comparison and then do what feels right.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...ide&cameras=canon_eos30d,pentax_k10d&show=all

hey can you post some pics with that camera?

I have a 30d I love it

Most reactions

Back