Canon EOS 6D issue

newtophotography84

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new to the photography world and I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue I am having with their Canon 6D. I took it out today to take some pictures and the red light on the back of the camera is on. When I go to snap a picture, the shutter waits for about 7 seconds, then snaps, then waits for about another 3-4 seconds before showing the picture on screen. Then the picture is extremely blurry. I did some research and what I read said that it was a card reader issue. So, I replaced the card. I'm still having an issue with this. I'm sure it's something so simple, it's probably embarrassing. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

Hi

I'm not quite sure what it is for a red light at the rear you're talking about. The only red light that is shown when you take a picture and the camera writes this on the memory card.

The reason why you have to wait, is because you are running a setting that makes the shutter stay open for a long time. This means you actually taking a long exposure image and that is why the images gets blurry. When the shutter stays open for long and you don't keep the camera steady
, it will "take a picture" of everything the sensor sees.

What I think you need to do to avoid the problem is to change the cameras program. The small round wheel on top tells what program it runs. The little green square tells you that everything runs automatically. I think you should try this setting.

I am also of the opinion that it is probably a settings issue. But first thing is format your card in the camera. THEN go to the P mode and take a picture. If all is good then it is definitely a settings issue. Sit down with your manual and go through ALL of the menu items paying attention to each one and resetting to default values. Don;t miss any of the Cfn items each has several settings that you reach with the wheels.

I'm new to the photography world and I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue I am having with their Canon 6D. I took it out today to take some pictures and the red light on the back of the camera is on. When I go to snap a picture, the shutter waits for about 7 seconds, then snaps, then waits for about another 3-4 seconds before showing the picture on screen. Then the picture is extremely blurry. I did some research and what I read said that it was a card reader issue. So, I replaced the card. I'm still having an issue with this. I'm sure it's something so simple, it's probably embarrassing. Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance!

maybe you have it set on a time delay interval

Most reactions

Back