Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Question

dj isa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was wondering if anyone has this camera, experience with this camera, and/or reviews about this camera. I can't seem to find any REVIEWS on this camera. Just any general reviews and opinions about this camera would be great. Thanks!

Just click on In-depth review: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eos350d.asp

I have used the Rebel XT for a little less then a year and a half now, and there are plenty of others on TPF who use it, so ask away on any specific questions.

Now for my opinion on it. Honestly, one of the best purchases I have ever made. If I was buying new right now though, I would probably go for the 400d (XTi released about a month ago), even though it is an extra $150-$200. The XT (350D) might be a little small for some people, but that can easily be solved with a battery grip. My only complaint is probably the focusing dots are just in the 'wrong' places, especially after you have tried a 20D/30D. (though I do believe the XTi has the same focusing points as the 10D/20D/30D line)

^^^ thanks for the reply.. i was actually referring to the XTi.. typo i guess.. so coincidence you suggested that one.. thanks a bunch!

I am sure you already found the link, but here is the site's review on the 400D http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_eos400d.asp . I was able to play around with one for a few minutes the other day, and it seems like a wonderful camera.

I should probably just add I was just doing some reading up on it, and it does appear there are a few complaints regarding TTL flash compensation, so I can't quite be certain about that one. It is difficult with the cameras geared directly toward consumers (as opposed to pros) to get the full scoop on what is truly 'good' and what the 'problems' are. As some people will praise a certain aspect of it, even though it falls below the average acceptable line, meanwhile others will blame the camera for poor quality etc. etc., meanwhile it is user error. But after you have done all your research and purchased the camera you want, it is well worth the effort :)

Most reactions

Back