is this worth 900$?

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi len Kit -w/ Canon 18-55mm $610

And a

Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon EOS $190

And a

SLIK SDV-20 Tripod with 3-way pan head $20

Sale Tax is about $70

and how does this compare to the nikon d60 kit+55-200 VR for 900$
i'll be getting my first dslr camera soon.

btw, would you happen to know if the tripod will work with my future camera?

Well, first decide which camera feels better in your hands. The Canon kit gives you more reach on both ends (wide and telephoto), and you get two lenses (this makes some people feel good). The one disadvantage with the D60 is that there is no internal AF, meaning that you have to get specific lenses to autofocus with the camera, these are usually more expensive. The tripod is not a very good one, but it will work with these cameras and almost every other one. Both are good cameras though.

no autofocus? in what way will that affect the picture i take?

It means unless you have the certain lenses that have AF built into them, you will have to focus the shots yourself, manually (which is much more time consuming and can be more or less accurate depending on your eye/attention).

so i'll just get the Rebel XTi then? does anyone think the set i'm getting is worth 900$?

Upper make sure you are buying this from a reputable store if you are shopping online..
Some of the online ones look like excellent websites with cheap prices but they have very poor reviews so just double check if you are buying online.
I know B&H, Adormama, Amazon, NewEgg are ok...

i'm buying it from some store around my area(about 30 miles from home)

Last week bestbuy canada was offering the xsi with 18-55mm and 75-250mm both with IS for $1,129 and I think that is a much better deal.

but i was actually looking for macro

Last week bestbuy canada was offering the xsi with 18-55mm and 75-250mm both with IS for $1,129 and I think that is a much better deal.

Who makes the 75-250mm?? I dont believe canon makes that focal length

my bad, it must have been this one Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Lens

Most reactions

Back