Canon EOS DSLR compatibility with old film SLR Tamron lens

subrusm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Canon EOS 1100D. For lens, I plan to use an old Tamron 572D that someone purchased for Canon SLR. Will this work ?

I also wanted to try but have not found an answer .... hopefully someone has replied to this, and make recommendations
buy.gif

Lenses are compatible across the entire EOS lineup. If it was for film it will work on APSc and Fx cameras. The only thing I could see going wrong would be that it would hunt for focus, unlikely though.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Yes the Tamron lens were purchased for a film SLR, EOS 888. Will this work with EOS 1100D DSLR ?

All Canon EF lenses work on all Canon EF and EF-S cameras.

I have seen people commenting on problems with third-party lenses (older lenses, newer cameras) because the interface has been reverse-engineered. I don't know how widespread this issue is, and the conversations were around Sigma, not Tamron.

It is *supposed* to work, but unless someone here has tried it, we can't be 100%

All Canon EF lenses work on all Canon EF and EF-S cameras.

I have seen people commenting on problems with third-party lenses (older lenses, newer cameras) because the interface has been reverse-engineered. I don't know how widespread this issue is, and the conversations were around Sigma, not Tamron.

It is *supposed* to work, but unless someone here has tried it, we can't be 100%

My personal expericed with EF lenses

Canon ones "just work". I use a 1980s lens every day on my T3 just fine. Likewise, I use my new 300mm lens on a mid-200s 35mm EOS.

3rd party ones - You may have an issue (I think they played fast and loose with the distance to the rear of the lens too, heard a story about some (vivitar?) lens causing a mirror strike)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back