Canon EOS Elan 7e - Intermittent Shutter Problem

mr.mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
Wondering if anyone has experienced shutter issues with their Canon EOS 7e film camera? Just purchased one where the shutter fires for a few shots then dies. After letting it sit for a while it comes back to life. It works again, then the same thing happens. Very strange. Hoping someone might know what's going on?
Looking forward to your responses
Mike

Last edited:
Sounds like a battery issue...

I can not remember. Does it use a 2CR5 lithium battery? HAVE you replaced the battery?

I can not remember. Does it use a 2CR5 lithium battery? HAVE you replaced the battery?
Hi,
The EOS 7e uses (2) 123 3v batteries. The batteries are the next thing I'll check. Now that you mention this, I remember an instance where some batteries require a bit of shimming. I'll let you know how I make out. Thanks for your response.

I used to have a Fuji S2 Pro DSLR which used two 123A lithiums plus 4 x 1.5 volt AA as well. I bought the 123A's from e-Bay for $1.09 each versus $7.99 each at retail.

I used to have a Fuji S2 Pro DSLR which used two 123A lithiums plus 4 x 1.5 volt AA as well. I bought the 123A's from e-Bay for $1.09 each versus $7.99 each at retail.
Thank you very much for the information. I'll let you know how I make out.

Problem solved,
Seems one of the shutter curtain blades had a slight crease. Straightened it out, and all's well.

I really like the Canon 7e and was hoping to get the problem solved. Very happy it wasn't a major issue.
Thank you very much for your response.

Most reactions

Back