Canon EOS550D/T2i + Flash YN565EXII issue

Sindorf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Yongnuo YN565EXII flash to be used with my Canon EOS550D/T2i camera. I am really happy with all the tests I have done with this flash since I got it two weeks ago, except for one weird issue that I am having.

With the flash connected on the hot shoe and working perfectly well, it won't fire when I use a remote shutter release (R-6) also from Yongnuo. I have tried with the camera built-in flash, and it fires the flash, but not the external flash. When I press the remote shutter, it releases the shutter, but doesn't fire the flash. Then I change to single shot, I press the camera shutter and the flash fires. It also fires with the self-timer, if I shoot from the camera.

Has anybody experienced the same issue and been able to fix it?

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Carlos.

Hey Carlos. It looks like you didn't much help here so far. The hot shoe does not work with a remote. You will need to add a small cable connecting your camera to the flash. I think there is a pc port on the flash and a small port on the camera to control the flash. If you are using off camera flash, you plug this cord into the transceiver instead of the flash.
Check your equipment but I think this is what you need.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I changed my mind. I think the T2i has a 2.5mm remote control port.
This should work.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back