Canon ESO 30D v 400D

stockaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all... I am buying my first digital slr (after months borrowing my friends) and I can't decide between the Canon ESO 30S or the 400D. They both get excellent reviews so I am at a loss and hoped for some advice.

Thanks.

Also... I have looked right through the previous threads and I couldn't find one to answer my question hence the post. I know it can be annoying when a newbie posts a open question but I would really apreciate the help.

I think most people will say this.

If you can afford the 30D get the 30D. Though if you will not have any money left over for a good lens it would better to get a good lens then get the camera you can afford after that.

I shot a 350d and prefer it over the 400d basically because of cost.

Yes... I have a seperate money pot for a good lense (which I was going to pose as a seperate question) A good all round reasonably prices lense?

Thanks for the advice Leyton. Very much apreciated.

try to hold both cameras in your hands. The 30d just feels so much better. The 400d is rather small and tiny. This is one of the main reasons why I bought the 30d. I even add a battery grip to it. Yes it is big, but hey, a 400d does not fit in your pockets either. I guess from image quality point of view both cameras are similar. The 30d offers a few goodies more, but ask yourself the question if you are really going to use them. The actual value is in the lenses. The lens does make the picture. so depending on your budget, go for the 30d and get a good lens. Otherwise a 400d will be equally good.

good luck!
Danny

Most reactions

Back