Canon Extender EF 1.4x II

jseoung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jsphotograph.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im confuse how that actually work....it says " Effective aperture is reduced by one f-stop" explain how does that work?

sorry never really used one b4

say you use on it on a lens that has a maximum aperture of f/2.8, with the teleconverter on it makes the maxiumum aperture f/4

Also note that the canon 1.4 extender (or as everybody else calls them teleconverter) is not compatable with all canon lenses. The Canon TCs are made for the L range of lenses only, but they will not fit all L lenses - I and pretty sure that the list of lenses in your sig, none of them will be compatable with the canon TC.
You might have luck with a sigma or kenko TC - sigma makes are pretty much as good as canon for optical quality although on full frame sensors they can show vignetting:
Juza Nature Photography

Also note that the canon 1.4 extender (or as everybody else calls them teleconverter) is not compatable with all canon lenses. The Canon TCs are made for the L range of lenses only, but they will not fit all L lenses - I and pretty sure that the list of lenses in your sig, none of them will be compatable with the canon TC.
You might have luck with a sigma or kenko TC - sigma makes are pretty much as good as canon for optical quality although on full frame sensors they can show vignetting:
Juza Nature Photography

I agree with Overread and would add one thing about TC's in general. They really aren't designed to be used with any glass less than 100mm. The 24-105 is kind of iffy from what I have been told by others that have that lens as to the degredation of image quality. That is a judgment call for each person.

TC's can be quite good when used on a quality lens of 200mm or more. The degredation on my 70-200 f2.8 is very little at 200mm and on my 400mm f2.8 it is virtually un noticable. This is with the Canon EX-1.4 II.

The canon 1.4x certainly does NOT work with the 24-105. I have both.

Most reactions

Back