Canon F1 not working at 2000 shutter

gat3keeper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm eyeing to buy a Canon F1 for a cheap price. But according to seller, everything works fine except at shutterspeed 2000. 1000 is ok and so on... except for 2000.

Is this a serious defect ? Can it be fixed easily ?

Hmm, I have not heard of a problem like that before. The original F-1 had a mechanical shutter ... the New F-1 had a mechanical shutter from 1/90 to 1/2000.
I would suspect it may not be fixed easily, though I have never taken one apart (yet).

yeah... first time I've heard bout this issue.

What does the shutter do when set at 1/2000?

i just picked up a near mint F1N (not the new f1) the person had it listed as the old f1... anywho it belonged to the person father who,sadly passed away and was wrapped and boxed for almost 20 years until he finally decided to sell it. the condition is so good it looks like i took it out the box. i guess its true another mans trash is another mans treasure. now i'm just trying to pair it with a good film... trying to order some kodachrome from ebay and some fujifilm acros ❤️❤️❤️

you won't be able to get kodachromeprocessed any more. one guy has sort of figured out a process that makes it look to me like someone processed way out of date color film and it has weird color effects to it. nOTHING like real Kodachrome. I'd personally shoot some Tmax or TRI X with it for the first few rolls and go from there.

Most reactions

Back