Canon G11 Samples From Today

Did you just by the G11? Man, that's one nice pocket camera! The pics look great man.

Nikon has taken notice of the G11's performance and popularity and plans to release something to compete with it. I wrote a blog entry about it.

Digital Diffraction: Nikon: Canon G11 will have competition

I'm torn between picking up a G11 or one of the new micro 4/3rds with interchangeable lenses. Tough decision, but those pics certainly help sway me towards the G11. :)
Don't kid yourself, go m4/3rds. The E-PL1 is about the same size of the G11, with the pretty close IQ of APS-C.

AND you can put almost any lens on the olympus.

these are good :thumbup:

:lol:

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with it.

Tested out the pano stitching feature while I was there as well, I had no idea what I was doing and the scenery could be better but here's what the end result is:

4445600451_1f6023b0bd_b.jpg

4446379426_ec9eb08520_b.jpg

I clicked on his sig to see his other pics after your post. I gotta disagree. These are nice, but he has some stuff that is much, much nicer on his site.

(Unless you were joking and I didn't catch it..)
I've looked through his flickr too and while he has better shots in terms of composition on his flickr page, he certainly doesn't have any images that look better from technical standpoint (image quality). The G11 does in fact appear to trump the D300S.

Wow.

dawns flame suit

:lmao:

That's okay. I would expect that your eye wouldn't be able to discern a better quality photo from a lesser quality photo. :confused: It's not your fault. You do shoot a Canon...and a fairly overrated, cheap one at that.

also puts on flame suit

:lmao: Oh my again..........LOL

Thanks matfoster! :)

PS
This is about the Canon G11, not sure how or why the micro 4/3rds became the topic but I could really give a rats pink behind - maybe if I didn't already have a DSLR I'd be interested, but eh - whatever. Last thing I wanted was another camera to buy lenses for and it's not exactly pocketable.

Ahh, I feel better. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks matfoster! :)

PS
This is about the Canon G11, not sure how or why the micro 4/3rds became the topic but I could really give a rats pink behind - maybe if I didn't already have a DSLR I'd be interested, but eh - whatever. Last thing I wanted was another camera to buy lenses for and it's not exactly pocketable.

Ahh, I feel better. :lol:
Oh, you're just pissy because your Canon P&S takes prettier pictures than your Nikon DSLR.

Runs for cover

I feel like just saying "children time for class". This reminds me of kindergarten when people would argue over blocks... =D :greenpbl:

I'm not surprised at the quality from the G11. I have an older Nikon 5400 Coolpix and it produces great work. I don't know why the smaller P&S really give the DSLR a run for the money? Maybe the smaller size lenses? IDK ? but they certainly are fun to have.

They sure are, took me a while to find the right one - I love the manual controls and even control over the flash output. :D

Most reactions

Back