Canon just came out with a VERY serious camera!!!

Well, word is Our Very Own moderator overread is busy making plans to sell a kidney to finance this new awesome machine.

It's a lung now - they go for more apparently so I might just have enough to get it and a new lens!

and yes seriously that camera - DO WANT the camo!

IronMaskDuval said:
I can't say that I am impressed. I prefer the Nikon D7900

d7900.jpg

Yeah, I got on the waiting list for the new Nikon D7900 at B&H Photo...my e-mail confirmation says I am #2 on the wait list! Woo-hoo! I cannot believe I am only the second person on the list!!! THat means I'll have my camo D7900 before any of you fools!

For the Canon haters, Nikon rumours is better than Canon rumours. Fact

Hmm. Interesting. Anyone check the date? ;)

Bird in flight mode....that was great!

GOOD GRIEF! I even went to BHPhoto to place an early order!!

IronMaskDuval said:

d7900.jpg

Yeah, I got on the waiting list for the new Nikon D7900 at B&H Photo...my e-mail confirmation says I am #2 on the wait list! Woo-hoo! I cannot believe I am only the second person on the list!!! THat means I'll have my camo D7900 before any of you fools!

I have been using the prototype for a month now.

IronMaskDuval said:

d7900.jpg

At least you and Derrel noticed my work of art. lol It didn't all go to waste.

IronMaskDuval said:

d7900.jpg

Sam: Can you upload some files from the D7900 to a DropBox account, and post the Public URLs, so we can download them??? I doubt that Lightroom can open the .NEFs, but I found out that RawTherapee can!!!

The Canon doesn't stand a chance. The Nikon has 269 focus points, and at 232 mp, you can print an image large enough to be seen from space. 104 fps? birds in motion is child's play.

Sam: Can you upload some files from the D7900 to a DropBox account, and post the Public URLs, so we can download them??? I doubt that Lightroom can open the .NEFs, but I found out that RawTherapee can!!!

I will get right on that, do not blame me though if your connection bogs down due to file size.

The Canon doesn't stand a chance. The Nikon has 269 focus points, and at 232 mp, you can print an image large enough to be seen from space. 104 fps? birds in motion is child's play.

This totally redefines the term Full Frame.

Canon's joke was a better one because it was just inside the realm of possibility. A 232mp sensor is unbelievable. A pair of 70D sensors mated together is completely reasonable (and except for the 24fps, 32GB cache, and 4-card raid: every other listed tech has also been used by Canon, from the ISO performance to the eye tracking... but even then, except for the 24fps, they clearly *could* be done with present tech)

Canon's joke was a better one because it was just inside the realm of possibility. A 232mp sensor is unbelievable. A pair of 70D sensors mated together is completely reasonable (and except for the 24fps, 32GB cache, and 4-card raid: every other listed tech has also been used by Canon, from the ISO performance to the eye tracking... but even then, except for the 24fps, they clearly *could* be done with present tech)

That's what I was thinking... The 39mp seemed possible, and it was only the FPS that sounded a bit high, then again the old "near full frame" was 12fps so 24 wasn't TOTALLY unattainable too with current technology so it fooled even me lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back