Canon lenses for general-purpose, everyday photography

mhjohn83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I'm new in Photography and learning . I bought myself a Canon EOS 60D with twin lens kit 18-55mm IS and 55-250mm IS 6 almost 6 months. I do like taking portrait and sometimes in low light. Now a days i'm feeling i need a mid range lens that will cover a bit of distance and will not compromise with focus, speed and quality of photos. i need to swap lens most of the time. still i can fit that in my budget .
Would you please help me to choose a good lens that will cover my everyday photos , of-course in budget. i can spend upto $500-600 max

Will really appreciate your help.

thanks
John

Last edited:
you didnt mention a budget anywhere..... i would say 24-105 f4L

well you could sell the 2 lenses and get 24-104

well you could sell the 2 lenses and get 24-104

I dont think the OP can get more than $250 selling those 2 lenses. He/she needs about $650 more to buy 24-105L used.

thanks guys, i can spend $500-$600 max.

i need a mid range lens that will cover a bit of distance and will not compromise with focus, speed and quality of photos.
You already have a mid-range lens, the 55-250. While it is a kit lens, it is capable of not compromising focus, speed, and quality if used within it's limitations.

Quality of photos is almost entirely dependent on the skill and knowledge the photographer is able to apply to using the tools at hand.

The cost of lenses goes up quickly with the optical quality of all the lens elements used in a lens, and lens speed (maximum aperture).

The mid-range lens that suits you stated wants/needs the best (see 2nd link) costs $2450.00, but with your budget in mind you may want to consider the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks KmH ,
Would you please tell me, which lens i should use for portrait photos indoor or outdoor ?
I'm experiencing , i cant cover the full subject area and the theme with my 18-55 lens for landscape photos, and if i use 55-250 lens i have to go too far away from the subject, sometimes its hard to get the right place to take the photo.

any suggestions and tips will be really appreciated.

Most reactions

Back