Canon Logo, the Evolution

I

Iron Flatline

... an interesting read about the evolution of some well-known corporate logos...

Here's Canon's Logo:

logo-canon.gif

Read the full blog entry (and other semi-nutritious home-made content) at Neatorama .

Ooops, this should have gone in the Equipment Forum.

Interesting that the logo hasn't changed since 1956. I personally like the original name "Kwanon" but yeh.. "Canon" seems better in English speaking countries.

Car emblems also have gone through massive changes through the years. I remember when toyota was just that "TOYOTA" until they came with up with the current emblem. Mazda went through a time period when they could figure out what to call what and which emblem to use. When I bought my Miata, it was known throughout the world as "Miata", "Eunos", "Roadster", "MX-5" depending where in the world.

Ooops, this should have gone in the Equipment Forum.

Naaahh. This is fine, and can make for some fun discussion. I personally would like to own an piece of Canon equipment with the 1934 logo on it. Had to be some great craftsmanship to get that thing engraved on bodies or lenses.

I did not know that Canon came fro Kwanon. Good thing to inform my canon owners friends.

Since Minolta is RIP or transformed, I love to hear their history, if anyone know it here.

I don't know why they didn't stick with their first logo.... would look great on the massive real estate that a 1 series body has on their big viewfinders. (kidding)

LOL, one of the first Canons used a Nikkor lens.

I just didn't want to believe that when i first came across that, apparently they made canon in a endevour to make a cheaper camera by dismantling a Leica...and later on the the wing of canon that made the lenses was called something else...the body something else, but was merger under a single name later & nikon, nikkor still have different names for different...

With all due respect to everyone..the first one wold have faced stiff criticism from sub-continent.

1934, 1st camera

That first one is so cool :D

Well the company diifered with you in that respect I am afraid. They are the company with the aim to make money. And ever since, they are making money still. They will do miles up and miles down to make money. And as nation as a whole they have proven themselves to the world as the world's financial prowess who changes the way the world in utilizing technology - to make money. Back then they saw Kwanon would not sell.

Others are trying hard to catch up with their game.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back