Canon Mark II users please come in ...

Reaction score
Website
www.ikandiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im getting pretty aggrevated with my Mark II. I was going to sell it a few weeks ago thinking i may like the D700 better and decided to keep it and now wondering if I made a mistake. I did my first studio shoot with my 5D and the images in the display look SO orange and just not right! I was pretty upset during the whole shoot thinking my pics sucked. I even adjusted my settings several times when Im use to pretty much shooting on the same settings with my Pentax. I downloaded the photos and fortunately, they look much better on my monitor than on the LCD screen. Not nearly as orange. My problem is, I need a display to be accurate! I never had this problem with my Pentax. What i shot and saw in the display is what I got when i downloaded them on the computer. If my pics suck on the LCD screen throughout the shoot, Im going to have no idea what they really look like until AFTER the shoot. Does anyone else have this problem ? Im 5 mins away from selling this thing and goin back to my Pentax which i LOVED! I see there is an "auto" and manual setting where you can adjust hte brightness on the LCD screen, but what about the temperature of just hte screen w/out actually changing the temp of the pic once its downloaded to your computer?

Not a studio photog ... can't really give you first hand experience... But, (the big but), all the studio guys I know always shoot tethered to a computer and chimp on a full size monitor. The Mark II's come with cables and software for tethering the easiest way is to set a laptop near the camera/tripod.

I've never seen a Canon LCD produce an image any different from the primary file (if you shoot in RAW the camera creates a secondary and tiny JPEG for viewing on the LCD.

Gary

Not a studio photog ... can't really give you first hand experience... But, (the big but), all the studio guys I know always shoot tethered to a computer and chimp on a full size monitor. The Mark II's come with cables and software for tethering the easiest way is to set a laptop near the camera/tripod.

I've never seen a Canon LCD produce an image any different from the primary file (if you shoot in RAW the camera creates a secondary and tiny JPEG for viewing on the LCD.

Gary

Thanks Gary! Yah, i have seen alot of studio photogs have their laptops handy for viewing. I never had to do that w/ my other camera so i never worried about it. I shoot in JPG tho and not RAW..So not sure if that makes a diff...but my Pentax just never had those issues and the color was always extremely accurate. Thanks again!

The camera will produce a jpeg for viewing on the LCD that will have the camera's internal settings applied to it. Those go away if you're importing via something like lightroom or ACR.

It was driving me nuts until I turned the setting to either neutral of faithful (I don't remember which, honestly) and then my LCD started matching the import quite a bit closer.

The camera will produce a jpeg for viewing on the LCD that will have the camera's internal settings applied to it. Those go away if you're importing via something like lightroom or ACR.

It was driving me nuts until I turned the setting to either neutral of faithful (I don't remember which, honestly) and then my LCD started matching the import quite a bit closer.

ahhh!!! That may have just solved this whole problem!!! I just took a few pics on faithful and neutral, let's see how they turn out! THANKS!!

Most reactions

Back