Canon parts

Travis F

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anyone know where I can purchase Canon replacement parts from? I need a new thumbwheel for my battery grip. The plastic gear has stripped it's teeth. I am going to attempt the repair myself if I can get the grip off the body.

Thanks in advance,
Travis

just buy a new grip. The chinese made opteka (or other brands) are actually pretty good grips! They probably only cost like $40.

just buy a new grip. The chinese made opteka (or other brands) are actually pretty good grips! They probably only cost like $40.

Thanks for the advice but that doesn't sound nearly as fun as ripping this one apart :lol:! I have a tendency to tinker with things so I will actually enjoy the repair process. I just need to find a source for parts.

Travis

There are a few Canon repair centers scattered across your country. Call up the nearest one and ask for the part you need.

Just got off the phone with Canon Parts USA (732) 521-7230, if anyone is interested. Took about 3.5 minutes to order the part I need! That was looking up the part number, placing the order and all. Kudos to Canon parts department for not having to transfer me to 12 different departments!

If anyone is interested the part number for the tensioning wheel assembly is:CY1-4313-000

Total cost with shipping, $26.97

Guess I should call and cancel my service request I put in........

Thanks,
Travis

Most reactions

New Topics

Back