canon powerhot sx50hs vs dslr

keesha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi,
i'm buying a camera after quite some time and planing on buying one that will be my companion for the next 3-4 years at least. Because of my limited budget and my special needs considering the camera i'm having troubles picking the right one.
My first choice was canon sx50hs, but couple of my friends are talking me out of it, saying that i should, for that amount of money, buy a dslr camera.
It seams that i won't, in the close future, be able to afford any additional equipment like lens or stuff, and i don't actually need an dslr camera.
i'm an amateur photographer, but i've been taking photos for eternity and i need a solid camera with auto and manual controls, that makes good, clear photos.
Since i take a lot of pictures from some quite inconvenient angles (etc from the ground), it is important to me that my camera has a:

1.fully articulated lcd, so this is the starting point for my search.
other important features for me are:
2.solid image stabilization (shaking hands ) and low noise
3.good macro (love the close-ups and the wide-angled shots)
3.good dynamic range (hate those partially burnt-partially underexposed photos)
4. RAW
5.HD video.

Those would be most important features to me, fell free to point me to some features i might have neglected. i repeat, i wont' be able to afford the additional equipment other than some basic lens if needed.
Except canon powershot sx50 hs and nikon d5100, i'v been considering eventually borrowing some money from my parents if i decide to go for canon eos 600d.

I prefer canon and nikon cameras but if you know some model from the other brand that you think would fit me, please suggest it.

Though videos are the least important feature for me, it would be nice to have a camera that makes decent videos as well as the photos.
Considering that, and the fact that i can't afford an expensive macro lens, do you think canon powershot sx50hs would best suite me out of those three cameras i listed?

i forgot to mention that i don't have any camera so the one i buy will be the only one i'll have. currently i'm using friend's old compact camera and the last camera i had was canon powershot s3is.

It's not a DSLR, so you don't have to worry about additional lenses on that point. It's a bridge camera. Completely different bird than the D5100 or the 600D.

For bridge cameras you've chosen the top of Canon's line and seeing how that's what you want, I guess that's probably the best you are going to get. You'll get more of what you will be wanting in the near future by buying the bridge camera, however if you are expecting to go on to professional work with it I'd probably suggest you save your pennies for a real DSLR-and not exactly an entry level one if you are going to have to wait a long time for upgrading. The 600D and D5100 are entry level.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back