Canon PowerShot A510

Axel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone has any experience with the Canon PowerShot A510? I am only looking to take snap shots.

Danke

I am actually torn between the Canon A510 and the Nikon CoolPix 5900. I hope someone can guide me in the digital jungle...

We just picked up a powershot a75 and I like it thus far. I know it's not the same one but it's pretty close. Check out www.dpreview.com to see what they have to say about both of them. Let us know what you pick.

We sell both the A510 and the A75 at work. I have an A75 on layby. I was going to get the A510 - however, I just want something for snap shots and the A75 was lots cheaper. I figured for the 80 or so dollars, that the A75 would do fine...

That said - I love the look of the A510 and it looks to be a good camera.

Now I am torn between the A95 anf the A520... After checking out some of the cameras I can say that it is a JUNGLE of choices out there! Some people claim the Canon is the best, others the Nikon. Some people claim the SD series is the best, others the A series... *sigh*...

hobbes28 said:
We just picked up a powershot a75 and I like it thus far. I know it's not the same one but it's pretty close. Check out www.dpreview.com to see what they have to say about both of them. Let us know what you pick.

@$196 it was the best choice for me. I am going to buy a 512mb memory and a charger tomorrow!

I really hope I made the right choice...

I'm sure you won't be let down. We got our A75 so we wouldn't have to carry around the 10D or D70 everywhere we went and I've grown to really like it. It won't take the place of either of the ones we shoot with but it's a really good little camera. The A520 looks like a huge step up from what we have so I'm sure you'll like it too. And at that price, you can't go wrong. Let us know how you like it once you've shot with it for a while.

This is what I just purchased:

1 Camera Canon A520 - $196 I cancelled the order yesterday and ordered it again today... They must think I am a nutjob!)
1 camera memory Kingston SD-512 512 MB $34.95
1 charger Energizer CHDCWB-4 Compact Battery Charger $15.99

All the items are free shipping and free from tax!

Thanks everyone who has helped me out in my research!

Most reactions

Back