Canon Powershot question/problem

Montana51

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Canon Powershot 280 HS... Recently there have been two darker round blurry spots showing up when I take a photo. I cleaned the lens with a lens cleaner, but it didn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

Update....now there is only one dark blurry spot, and when I hit the shutter release half way to focus, the spot becomes lighter...it's still there, but not as dark and now there is only the one. Could these be a problem with the sensor?

Update....now there is only one dark blurry spot, and when I hit the shutter release half way to focus, the spot becomes lighter...it's still there, but not as dark and now there is only the one. Could these be a problem with the sensor?

yes, looks like dust or something is on the sensor

Yes, unfortunately, those specks are on the sensor. Dust on the lens will not be in focus, therefore will not show up as specks in your photos. If the sensor can be made visible to you, you can probably clean it yourself, as long as you obtain the right cleaning supplies and follow the directions carefully. If you can't get to the sensor, then take the camera to a camera repair facility and get a price for them to clean the sensor.

I have to say though, you don't see point and shoots with fixed lenses get dust on sensors that often. I have a Kodak DX7440 from 2004 and never seen dust on the sensor and its been through some rough places and been dropped so many times and been wet and the darn thing just keeps working.

The only way you'll get access to that sensor is by disassembling the camera and you better let a professional do that because there are TINY pieces.

Thanks all....How would dusts get on the sensor?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back