Canon Rebel XSi...should i buy it

how much do the lenses cost? i really want the stabilizer lenses to go w/ it. i know the Nikons are coming out w/ the stabilizer in the body of the camera instead of the lens. i just trust canon better. what do you think?

The 75-300mm f4-5.6 IS USM costs around $550. I've been thinking of getting one, but I already have a Sigma in that range (no IS tho...). I'm thinking of getting the 70-200mm F4 L next. It sells for about the same price and I've heard it's a very nice lens. I don't really need the IS since I (almost) always carry my tripod, and price is a big issue for me.

As for the XSi, I just got one about 2 months ago after my XT met an unfortunate end. Once I got used to the changes, I've come to like it more than I liked the XT, but I would buy another XT without hesitation if I needed a 2nd camera, or had to replace the XSi and couldn't afford a new one.

The new features like Live Preview and the sensor in the back that shuts off the screen when you look through the viewfinder are nice, but they're nothing I couldn't live without. Having a much larger screen though, is nice. Overall I'm quite happy with the improvements they made with the XSi.

As for wanting to buy something "better" than the XSi, the only thing I would like is weather sealing, a higher FPS, and a little more ISO range. Since I haven't ran into a situation yet that requires those features, other than weather sealing, I'm quite happy with the XSi and really don't need anything better. I'm sure my pictures would look the same if I was shooting with my XSi or with a 1D MarkIII. I would just be more willing to go outside during a thunderstorm with the MarkIII than I would with the XSi.

Good luck with which ever camera you decide to buy. I'm sure no matter what you get, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Kiss

I mean ,the XSi is called the "Kiss" in Asia,just to confuse matters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back