Canon Rebel XSi

Yes and No.

You will have to wait until May to get it so... I wouldn't want to wait. hence my recent purchase.

But there is a wide variety of upgrades. Of course this also means that the price of the XTi will continue to fall.

Well I'm not buying a DSLR anytime soon but, I'm just saying when I can, should I get it?

for the price difference (will probably be around 200$ difference) it almost seems stupid to go with the XSI but at the same time i could see why you would want to. the live view is nothing I personally get excited for, any pro photographer will tell you no way would they use a live view, its just so canon can try to sell to more consumers who want to have that mode.

its 12mp the XTI is 10mp, 10 is plenty but once again XSI is the new guy on the block. it'll be interesting to see what happens come may.

its just so canon can try to sell to more consumers who want to have that mode.
It seems that many of the big boys are gong with this as an option...not just Canon. It doesn't hurt to have it, and it probably doens't add much to the price.

One one hand, you may not get a lot more with the XSi (for say $200 more)...but on the other hand, it would make sense to buy the best you can afford. $200 might be a lot at the time...but if you keep the camera for several years...you will, at some time, probably wish that you hand spent the extra money up front.
From what I've seen...it's actually a fairly good list of upgrades.

if the body is built better than an xti, i would think it might be a good upgrade. I hate the 12 megapixels though. nobody buying this kind of camera NEEDS that many megapixels, they just do it to sell more cameras. You get more noise from 12 megapixels than you would from 10. as for the rest of the features... i dont really know, probably a good upgrade and in maybe a year or so, you could buy this camera for the price of an xti now.

The XT is still around for $400ish. I honestly don't see any worthwhile differences between the XT, XTi and XSi. I'd just go with the XT and spend the money I saved by buying decent glass.

The XT is still around for $400ish. I honestly don't see any worthwhile differences between the XT, XTi and XSi. I'd just go with the XT and spend the money I saved by buying decent glass.

:thumbup:

I'd say XT or step it up to a 20D/30D.

:thumbup:

I'd say XT or step it up to a 20D/30D.

That's a thought... The 30D is pretty cheap now. I paid $1120 for mine back in March last year and they're going for around $800 at the moment.

I would pick up an XTI unless the noise level is decreased on the XSI (which i doubt because more MP on im guessing same size sensor?)...
Or as others said an XT.

Sidenote on the live view - Was talking with a guy at the local shop and he said a good use of live view (the only ones we could come up with) were either macro work when you have the camera mounted on the tripod and holding the flash off camera while watching for the critter to enter the composition (would be easier if you didnt have to bend over funny with eye to lens).. Or portrait work if you are making quick adjustments to your lighting or something and you wouldnt have to walk back to the camera with your shutter release... made sense to me

I would pick up an XTI unless the noise level is decreased on the XSI (which i doubt because more MP on im guessing same size sensor?)...
Or as others said an XT.
There is more to noise levels that just the pixel pitch (amount per size of sensor). For example, the newest cameras from Canon have the Digic III processors, rather than the older Digic I or II. That alone probably helps with noise quite a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back