Canon Rebel XT, XTi kits are these deals to good to be true?

rprimeau95

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rlp-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have hunted high and low for the best deals on my new SLR camera and this is what I have found below but wonder why and how come they are so much cheaper than most sites? they are not refurbished claim to be Brand new with warranty.

Both sites have the same layout etc.. different phone numbers and prices I tried to toggle and compare to see if they were the same, Express Cameras are out of stock but don't mention it on their site say 3-4 wks from last week when they will get in the XT, XTi.

I called The Best Price Cameras to see if they have them in stock they said 1-2 wks they claimed to not be the same company hmmm.

The best deals are on Best Price cameras site.

What do you think have you heard of them? are these prices too good to be true? Please help me I am not sure what kit to go with lens wise that is or should I do XT or XTi

Best Price Cameras.com (says located in Broklyn NY)

Canon rebel XT
http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=216234

Canon Rebel XTi
http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=713192

Express Cameras.com (says located in Edison, New Jersey NJ)

Canon Rebel XTi
http://www.expresscameras.com/prodetails.asp?ac=1&prodid=620725&start=1

Canon Rebel XT
http://www.expresscameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=310763

Long story short...yes, those are too good to be true.

Check out their ratings on www.resellerratings.com

Bestpricecameras
Expresscameras

Searching for the lowest price will often find the scum at the bottom of the barrel. The biggest mail order/internet camera stores are B&H and Adorama. You will find links to both places on the links page HERE. They both have fair prices and great service...and both are very reputable...unlike the 'deals' that you have linked to.

Thanks alot guys I am not one to jump on buying anything online without really finding out who they are and those prices were so good and I thought it was funny they were out of stock and the customer service SUCKED real bad and the one guy at I called today when asked if they were the same company as the other cause there sites were almost identical layouts he popped off saying how can that be they are in Jersey we are in NY I was thinking ah very possible Hello! he then went on to tell me do you want me to give you three other site with the same layout? I was like what he repeted himself I said why would I want you to do that? he said so you can see we all have the same layout and are all in NY, I said No thanks cause I can tell he was full of it. When I went to check out the site you guys listed here I found that Best Cameras is also the same as Infiniti Photo, and Jandkcameras no wonder he could give me more sites that look the same what a dork.

Ok so back to figuring out what I will be getting My mom gave me 500 for Christmas cause I found those stupid sites and told her that was the rock bottom price and when I they raised their prices my dear husband gave me another 100.00 so I am with 600.00 darn I am made now I need to save I am sure my dh wouldn't mind if i go a little over 600.00 but not too much so close to Christmas KWIM

thanks guys

I'm a Canon user, so I don't have any experience with Nikon's, but I would give the new Nikon D40 a look. It's a replacement for the D50. But make sure you go somewhere and hold one before you buy it!

If I were to buy a second camera, I would have no issues buying a slightly used Canon 350D. They can be found for about $500 with lens. I'm sure the same holds for the Nikon D50.

I'm a Canon user, so I don't have any experience with Nikon's, but I would give the new Nikon D40 a look. It's a replacement for the D50. But make sure you go somewhere and hold one before you buy it!

If I were to buy a second camera, I would have no issues buying a slightly used Canon 350D. They can be found for about $500 with lens. I'm sure the same holds for the Nikon D50.

thanks what Canon do you use? where other than ebay can you get a good used camera? know of any reputable sites?

I use a 30D as my primary. After I bought it, I had my 350D converted to a dedicated IR.

Take a look at KEH.com. I've bought from them several times...great company! I just took a look, and they have the 350D (Rebel XT) new with 18-55 kit lens for $650. Without lens new for $509. They have used without lens for as low as $429.

If you've only got $500, than get a D40. It will do exactly the same things as a Rebel will do, and it's a few hundred bucks cheaper. Just watch out that when you buy lenses for it, they're AF-S or AF-I lenses.

If you've only got $500, than get a D40. It will do exactly the same things as a Rebel will do, and it's a few hundred bucks cheaper. Just watch out that when you buy lenses for it, they're AF-S or AF-I lenses.

Thanks got a great deal on ebay last night for 600.00 you see my other tread

That is a great deal!

You'll really like how fast the 50 is compared to the kit lens. I almost bought the Nikkor 50 f/1.8, but didn't becuase i'd never use it. I have no use for primes when I've already got fast zooms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back