Canon Rebel XTI at 420$: Convince me otherwise

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just the body but I already have a lens for it.

For the price, is there a better buy? I haven't looked into Nikon yet.

edit: I'm totally noob. I'm guessing the D40 is the comparable Nikon product? Any key differences?

2nd edit: Rebel XTI at 259 - too good to be true? http://www.bestpricecameras.com/prodetails.asp?prodid=713192

Well i know that those Canon cameras like to make blurry pictures, and i know your shooting style....

Kidding of course! :D

Don't fall for it..

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Price_Cameras_6

Someone really should make a HUGE BIG sticky for resellerratings, bbb.org. etc.... These posts come up very often.

I looked them up on BBB. Despite the bad rating I am still tempted, I mean, they actually have to get it right sometimes right?

Well i know that those Canon cameras like to make blurry pictures, and i know your shooting style....

Kidding of course! :D

Heh I actually shoot with an XT now, but it is my mom's, so I'm thinking about getting my own.

Get the xti and then share lenses with mom :) B&H always has great prices.

I probably will, I'm just kind of interested to hear what the differences are with the Nikon.

For that price you can't go wrong. Get it. I have the XTi and it's great.

I looked them up on BBB. Despite the bad rating I am still tempted, I mean, they actually have to get it right sometimes right?

PLEASE, do not order from any of these sites advertising such equipment for such a "great bargain". Believe me, you will be saving yourself a world of troubles and funds. It is a guaranteed fraud.

I highly suggest B&H Photo, I recently ordered a lens from them and am very pleased with their prices and efficient service.

When you order from them, the first thing they will do is say "It's not in stock" and then try to sell you something else. Famous bait and switch.

Buy from a trusted seller such as Adorama or B&H.

Exactly, i was duped by them ONCE, The site said the item was in stock, ordered it, then got the "order conformation" call the next day, trying to sell me many other things i didn't want OR need, as soon as i said no to the extras, was told it would be 3 weeks, they had to have it shipped from overseas, I mentioned the site said they had it in stock, then he got ignorant with me, said it was a mistake, and said he had to go. Called a few days later to cancel the order, and never looked back, do NOT under any circumstances order from these rip off artists, you WILL be sorry if you do.

AGAIN:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Price_Cameras_6

That's a 0.11 - a ZERO point one one 'approval rating'

think of that as meaning that only 11 out of every 10,000 people dealing with them were happy with the experience

I think this was one of the places where it turned out that most of their "good" ratings were complete frauds as well - submitted by employees or others paid to do so.

If you're tempted by the price with those odds I'll sell you some real estate at a real bargain price too......

I assure you... you will not see that camera for the price advertised. (and thats assuming they don't dive into your account and take more)

Hah, I didn't realize how bad it was. You've scared me away from them, so thank you.

Most reactions

Back