Canon Rebel

Evolte E-410 Digital SLR:

Sensor Size 17.3 mm (H) x 13.0 mm (V)

Alpha DSLR-A100 10.2 DSLR:

Image Sensor 23.6 x 15.8mm 10.8 Megapixel APC CCD Sensor with RGB primary color filter

So what your saying is the Sony has a bigger sensor, so it will have less noise if (or even if i dont) add a zooming lense??

The lens used is not really the issue as far as noise is concerned.

The Sony will not necessarily have less noise, because sensor size is not the only issue. There are different sensor technologies, and different processing can get different results. It generally remains the case that dSLRs (of whatever brand) have less noise than compact models though.

Which would you guys suggest me to get then??

Im paying for this for my first job (im 16) and cost is hopefully not going to be a big concern.. I want to take mostly.. Lightning shots (dont get the chance oftenly, but i love lightning shots), far away shots (birds, osprey [they have a nest viewable from my house], ect), and macros..

Im thinking the Olympus might be better, but its way more costly.. Is it true you can put "payments" on it.. ex:15$ a month.. (this would help ALOT!!!).. does anyone have any info for me about that..

Im sorry if this seems like endless questions, im just so eager to learn and its extremely intresting to me.. :greenpbl::lol:

We can all suggest different cameras, but largely based on our own priorities and usually we just end up recommending what we use or have used in the past. It doesn't really achive much beyond boost the sales of our preferred companies. So I won't recommend any particular one.

All I would say is don't limit yourself to one or two, and don't be immediately won over by (or put off) one or other by specification comparisons, gimmicks or someone else's view of which is better... ultimately it's you who has to make the decision and it's better to do so for your own reasons. Quality is a given whether you go for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony. Some just do some things better than others, so it's a good idea to consider your priorities and see which fits best. Also get to a shop if you can... the camera is a tool you will have to use regularly, so it is best to see and handle the products personally rather than just going by pictures and specs on the internet.

Oh and don't be sorry for asking questions; it's what this place is for :)

Which brand of body you choose should not matter. The only criteria is it's functionality and feel. All current entry level DSLRs should be fairly good in noise control upto ISO 800-1600. I chose the 20D over the Nikon D70 because of feel and the button layout. Just funtions better for me. That was my deciding factor. Everything else is the same pretty much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back