Canon S3 IS for sale

nymtber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok, I have owned my S3 IS for about a year and a half now. Probably taken around 1-2,000 pictures with it, But Id like to sell it to fund a Flash for my Sony alpha DSLR. Here are the details:

Canon S3IS, all factory accessories AND original box!
2-1GB SD cards.
Lensmate adapter and snap in lens cover (from lensmate) Only about 2 months old!
Philips brand case that holds the camera, all sorts of cards, etc.

I was going to keep the S3 for a walk around camera, but to be honest, It will never leave the house as I have a DSLR that gives me the control that I personally wanted. The S3 takes amazing pictures. here are two samples:

sailboat1.jpg

rosemacro.jpg

I have babied this camera, always stayed clean, never dropped or otherwise harmed. I hope somone can find it a new home!

My price is: $200.00 USD shipped in the continental US only, USPS money orders only. I can take pictures of it and accessories if anyone is SERIOUS about buying.

contact me: nymtber @ hotmail . com (without spaces...) Emailing me is best, although I do check this site a few times a day normally...

Thanks!

Update:
I still have the camera, and I would consider trading it for an equal value small, slim 6.0MP or better with 4xoptical digital camera. No low end cameras. Something I could take cycling with me, and not have to mount a huge bag on my handlebars. Would also consider a Minolta 50mm f1.7 in mint shape, or a 90-105mm Macro lens in good shape, Tamron, Sigma or Minolta, or a Minolta 70-210mm f/4 "beercan" lens. Dont need this camera, Hope somone will buy/trade it!

Last edited:
Er, why not just make a sturdy stud mount for the bars? You'd want a large base for the S3 to prevent excess torque on the plastic tripod mounting hole, (I don't see any mention in the reviews, but the S2's is plastic) but it shouldn't be too hard to do that with a cheap video tripod head and still have a quick release. Add on CHDK and you could make a remote shutter button to attach to your grips if you want stills rather than video.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back