Canon SLR

kevinfoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a canon SLR. Any ideas? Can I use my canon digital SLR lens with film SRL?

I'm looking for a film camera. Not digital. I have digital already. Any tips?
If your Canon digital SLR is using EF-S lenses, they are not compatible with any Canon film camera; however, EF lenses can be used any digital body as well as EOS film bodies made from 1987 on.

As far as what film camera to get, it depends. If you want something that's going to be similar to your digital camera in feel and operation, Rebel bodies are dirt cheap and easy to find. Fifty bucks can get you something in excellent condition. The EOS 3 is also an excellent film body, but more expensive and it will be harder to find. The EOS-1N and EOS-1V represent the top-of-the-line in Canon's film cameras, but can cost as much as the very best crop sensor digital SLR bodies ($1,600+). In the "prosumer" range, you have the Elan series and the A2 and A2E bodies, any of which can be had for under $100 these days.

If you want to go vintage, there's a whole other world of possibilities.

You can use EOS lenses on EOS SLRs. Film or digital.

Check out KEH.com. I got my 1N RS there for about $200.Awesome camera...Other cameras (Rebel series) can be had for less than the shipping will cost. They usually have a pretty big selection in the $5 - $50 range.You probably won't find better prices on used cameras. Don't be afraid to buy 'bargain' grade either. Bargain grade at KEH is pretty good, IMO.

Most reactions

Back