Canon speedlite 430 EX II with Canon EOS T3i

I love my 430 exII. Its been great for me, and I've learned a lot about light by purchasing it. I'd recommend the Speedliter's Handbook for some great information as well.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi there, since you are mentioning the speedlite 430ex11, i just purchased one for my 1000d , i have been trying it out in the house at night. I am little dissapointed as the shots are still very cool and blueish tone. I want really nice warm skin tones . I tried bounce and it was ok but i may want to just point it direct . Any tips on this flash would be great. As you can see i am a beginner.

I have that flash. It works great. The refresh time is ok. Not great but ok.

4 out of 5.

I am considering the purchase of a Canon 430 EX II speedlite for my EOS T3i. Anybody out there have comments good or bad on this flash? I beleive I can use the flash off-camera and the T3i has a wireless sync/trigger, can anyone confirm who has used this setup on the performance of the wireless? Thanks.

I have two of these flashes that I use for off camera work, triggered by a 580EX on a 40D and by the pop up flash on my new 7D. The 430 has been solid and dependable. Quite well featured too.

There's a tutorial in my signature on using Canon's wireless flash system.

Hi there, since you are mentioning the speedlite 430ex11, i just purchased one for my 1000d , i have been trying it out in the house at night. I am little dissapointed as the shots are still very cool and blueish tone. I want really nice warm skin tones . I tried bounce and it was ok but i may want to just point it direct . Any tips on this flash would be great. As you can see i am a beginner.

Flash color is designed to match that of daylight, so it would be blueish when compared to interior light which is usually tungsten. To bring the color of the flash closer to the color you want, you need a warming gel filter (CTO - color temperature orange) over the flash. Direct flash sends more light forward but being a small light-emitting surface, it gives a harsh look and strong hard shadows. You'll be happier in the longer term in learning how to use the flash off-camera, and using techniques such as bouncing off walls and ceilings to get better, diffused light that makes for softer images. So the tip I can give you is this: the flash by itself is fine, but to really get good results from it, you need to learn a lot of technique (and probably will also need to buy more stuff like modifiers).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back