Canon Speedlite 430EXii, AA Rechargeable NI-MH Batteries, Tested

SimpleSimon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Following on from my testing of the Canon LP-E6 batteries (OEM and Aftermarket)--> http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/canon/337742-aftermarket-ebay-lp-e6-batteries-tested.html
I am now conducting tests on AA NI-MH Batteries that i use in my Canon Speedlite 430EXii Flash. The batteries being tested are from a electronics store and some from ebay.

The 2 sets of batteries that i use for the flash are DLG Brand, these batteries are rated at 2500mAh but are about 2 years old, so the capacity has dropped and we will see how much when these are tested.
And VARTA Brand, these batteries are rated at 2100mAh and are over 3 years old so the capacity would have also dropped, this will show when they are tested

I then brought some new batteries from a local Ebay seller, 8 in total. These batteries are BTY brand and are also meant to be rated at 2500mAh. I knew these batteries would not be that good (because of the price) but as you see from the following results, they are rubbish.

First thing i noticed was the weight.
DLG Battery --> 29grams per cell.
VARTA Battery --> 29grams per cell.

BTY Battery (eBay) --> 19grams per cell.

Discharge tests. All these batteries are being tested in groups of 4 (4.8v) these have been tested on a Motorola high quality battery Conditioner/Analyzer and tested down to 1.0v Per Cell (4.0V)
Results will be updated as the tests are completed.

DLG Batteries (Battery Capacity as marked 2500mAh). Actual usable capacity --> Test 1- 1790mAh, Test 2- ??

VARTA Batteries (Battery Capacity as marked 2100mAh). Actual usable capacity --> Test 1- 1708mAh, Test 2- ??

First 4..
BTY Batteries (Battery Capacity as marked 2500mAh). Actual usable capacity --> Test 1- 713mAh, Test 2- ??

Second 4..
BTY Batteries (Battery Capacity as marked 2500mAh). Actual usable capacity --> Test 1- 728mAh, Test 2- 736mAh

View attachment 54721View attachment 54722View attachment 54720View attachment 54719 $analyze.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back