Canon Speedlite EX580 II TTL Flash MARK II

http://photo-tips-online.com/review/canon-580ex-vs-canon-580ex-ii/

this website gives you the differences between the Mark I and the Mark II

here are the key points I got from the article

A) The Mark II revision recycles about 20% faster than the previous one and makes no noise while recharging. So there is no more whining like with the Mark I.

B) The Canon 580EX II gets a bigger body and a bigger head

C) Despite the bigger head the Mark II features a bit smaller white reflector card than its predecessor. It does not really affect the performance though.

D) To match the latest digital SLR bodies the Canon 580EX II is weather resistant. The foot is sealed when mounted on a proper camera, the battery compartment also features rubber sealing. The "push" button and the sides of the head are also protected with rubber, which by the way gives a better grip.

E) The Mark I design has been criticized many times. The way it opens make you think that you do something wrong and may break it. The new door has a lock and opens by a spring. And as we mentioned earlier there is rubber mounted on the inside surface of the door to seal the batteries.

F) One of the best improvements of the Canon 580EX II is the absolutely new mounting foot's lock. The foot has a lever now not the traditional knurled nut like most the others on the market. There is also a lock-release button to quickly unmount the flash. This is very convenient, fast and easy to use. Also the mounting plate is made of metal on the Mark II instead of the usual plastic, which means it's going to get less damaged by the camera's shoe.

G) The Canon 580EX II adds some new functionality to the already impressive list of features of its predecessor. The external metering sensor gives the flash the ability to calculate light output by itself (not using the camera's measurements).

Hello, if you still have your canon flash, I will pay $300. mailed to Port Huron MI 48060
can you send photos, what is included (manual, etc. )
Do you have a Paypal account? Thanks Jim

jrobbinsatbox25.com (at = @ )

Selling my husband's Canon Speedlite EX580 II TTL Flash MARK II

works great looks like new, has always been in this protective case.

asking $375 shipped or O.B.O

Still available? How much for postage to Australia? Can i pay by paypal? do you have a photo? when was it purchased? have proof of purchase?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back