Canon still offers repair service for 35mm correct?

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thread title sais it all. I suppose, If I am going to use this thing as backup/other film use (color vs BW) I should prolly get it repaired. My AE-1 is in bad shape and really needs some fixin. I never liked the thing and as a result It did not get the coddling (if you will, I don't baby that either) the EF gets.

they should.

I had to ask, From what I have been told Canon has discontinued it's 35mm program but I am uncertain if this would effect the service department or not.

Discontinued it's 35mm program? As in they aren't going to make film cameras anymore?

Discontinued it's 35mm program? As in they aren't going to make film cameras anymore?

My understanding was, that the SLR program was going to be stopped sometime in '06, But I can't be a hundred percent sure of the accuracy of the statement or wethet or not 35mm point and shoots are included in that as well but that is what I was told.

If that's true, I think it would be a huge mistake for Canon...

Yeah, digital is probably more popular than film right now - but I don't think you can say that film is dead. I don't think film will ever truly die (not that it should either), there will always be people that prefer film.

If that's true, I think it would be a huge mistake for Canon...

Yeah, digital is probably more popular than film right now - but I don't think you can say that film is dead. I don't think film will ever truly die (not that it should either), there will always be people that prefer film.

I'm one of them. I have one digital camera, and I rarely use it, the rest are all film.

There all listed in my profile.

But, right now I really want to shoot color and I have BW in the EF and have no place I trust to be dark enough to swap it out.

As far as I know they stopped everything but their pro film-SLRs ... might be mistaken though

service should not be affected ...

Most reactions

Back