Canon T1I LCD screen problem

neospecies

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just bought a T1I recently and have been having problems w/getting the LCD screen to show the live image when it's on. I normally just get the menu on the screen and can't get the live scene until the shutter is pressed. I've searched and searched and can't find a mode to convert it to live image. I would love to be able to see the images when taking the picture vs. having to look into the view finder. Is there a way to fix this? Am I going to have to return this camera? We bought the extended warranties so I'm not worried in case it has to be returned. TFYH.

What does the owner's manual say to do ?

Even if you return it and get a new one, or different DSLR, or different brand DSLR, you will run into the same issue if you do not read the manual. What you described is not a problem. It is the normal behavior of a DSLR. If you need it behave differently, you may want to check with the operational manual since it varies from model to model.

I just bought a T1I recently and have been having problems w/getting the LCD screen to show the live image when it's on. I normally just get the menu on the screen and can't get the live scene until the shutter is pressed. I've searched and searched and can't find a mode to convert it to live image. I would love to be able to see the images when taking the picture vs. having to look into the view finder. Is there a way to fix this? Am I going to have to return this camera? We bought the extended warranties so I'm not worried in case it has to be returned. TFYH.

Point-and-shoot cameras use the "live-view" because many don't even have a viewfinder. While the "live-view" on the T1i is adequate, it's very hard to operate the camera while looking at the back of the screen, and most DSLR cameras are designed to be used primarily with the view-finder, where you will usually see all the relevant shooting info, plus whatever focus points the camera is using, etc. However, if you want to use the T1i as a P&S, press the seond button from top to the right of the LCD (the button with the raised central bump), and that will put you into the live-view mode.

The LCD Live View display only works in one of the "creative" modes on your camera. Turn the dial near the on/off switch to P, Tv, Av, M or A-DEP. It will not work with any of the ICONs or in CA or Full Auto mode (shown as a green rectangle on the dial).

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back