Canon T2i... Right purchase!? Basic questions...

When I bought mine the book said the speed of the SD card could effect the fps. Just a thought.

For ex. I want to purchase and learn PHOTOSHOP and would like some info... Would that be something I post here or start a new thread?

Save the $800 and just use Gimp... its free and will likely do most of what you want anyway.

Thank you... I will look that up. I was thinking of starting with elements 9 anyway... around 60 bucks... looking for basic editing and sorting. Read something about lightroom used to sort. Confused though. Also read that elements doesn't handle RAW well. (Not that I'm even close to takling that yet!) I would be happy shooting straight! see above post... :(

When I bought mine the book said the speed of the SD card could effect the fps. Just a thought.

Your right... thats why I had to go with the more expensive card.
You just bought a T2i? Quick question... Having any trouble shooting straight? All my "horizon" pics are tilted. Obviously I'm holding the camera down to the right causing the "tilted" pics... Never had this problem before... Trying to correct. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this "issue"? Thanx!

Your right... thats why I had to go with the more expensive card.
You just bought a T2i? Quick question... Having any trouble shooting straight? All my "horizon" pics are tilted. Obviously I'm holding the camera down to the right causing the "tilted" pics... Never had this problem before... Trying to correct. Just wondered if anyone else noticed this "issue"? Thanx![/QUOTE]

Didn't have any problems with the shooting but I did have a issue with the fps when shooting drag racing so I sold it and bought a 7D.

I'm lost! I just can't seem to shoot a level picture with this camera... It doesn't get any simpler then that, right!?! I try using the auto focus points for a reference but I'm obviously missing something... ANY SUGGESTION!?! Here is an ex.

It was also mentioned that I could crop this type of pic to "level" it out... Would I need a photo editor such as photoshop to do so? All I am using right now is the software that came with the camera...

well. If you are used to a different camera, you need to become used to your new one. It's not caused by the camera, but by your previous habits.

Anyway, to make it straight, just use the software you are using, no need for other things.

Try to go out when looking through the view finder line the bottom of the frame with the horizon and see if it feels funny in your hands and then get it comfortable in your hands and take another pic and see if they are both the same.

I also just purchased a T2i, I am still learning to use it. I have a couple of books that I am reading on the camera and one of these books does say that the T2i does have grid lines you canturn on, in the menu's somewhere.

As far as the squirrel goes, if you shoot RAW, you are going to get only a few action shots before the buffer fills up if it is more than just a few shots. Also, I had a pet squirell that I rexcued from my cats a few decades ago. Wonderful pets.

Good luck, and enjoy your new camera, I love my new T2i.

wth... you have a pet squirrel? LOL

That's what I am saying!! :lol:

Ok, I better get this outta the way since I plan on using this board as a place to learn this awesome "hobby" and hopefully make a few friends...

We have a squirrel... :cat:
About 6 years ago we were in the park when we came upon a guy letting his pitt bull tear apart something. He was cheering the dog on... Thought "Hmm, strange a guy would get this excited over a squeaky toy!" Turns out it was a baby squirrel. Well, as an animal lover... I just lost it! :gah:
We managed to get the dog off and the squirrel ran up into my arms. Honestly, it scared the heck outta me as I grew up thinking that squirrels are noting but rats with bushy tails that carry rabies... Brushed the squirrel off me and she just kept running back up into either me or my wifes arms... Guess it was a better choice then being on the ground with that dog!

Long, short... took her home... nursed her wounds... tried to re-release her... She wasn't having it! Guess the "good life" was too much to pass up!? Now six or so years later and can honestly say that... I HAVE NEVER OWNED A BETTER PET!

Met MANY friends on-line in the re-hab community and have become active in helping squirrels when needed. :D

So that's the story of how Squirrely Pop (her name, she "pop's" up in the air like pop corn when excited) came to be.... :love:

111aaa.jpg

Super cute story :)

I just noticed something... The grip on the T2i is on somewhat of an angle... Now obviously this is designed for comfort but I'm thinking... Due to my larger hands, I feel that its working against me... Also thinking that the larger size of a battery grip would put more "grip" or "handle" down in my palm, therfore "forcing" the cam upright? I'm not looking to blame something... I know that one must "learn" to use a DSLR but with that said... I have been using film SLR's (albiet NIKON) my whole life and have NEVER had this issue... Could it just be that this particular camera is not the right "fit" for me or is this something I should just try to "learn" to correct?

I really appreciate your opinions...

QUICK SIDE NOTE. maybe for a moderator.... I have other questions relating to photography. For ex. I want to purchase and learn PHOTOSHOP and would like some info... Would that be something I post here or start a new thread?

Will you please stop trying to blame the camera brand for a user error? You act like you have no say in which direction the camera tilts. You do, it's something you need to get used to. I'll find that sometimes my photos will be off by a degree or two, most image editing programs can rotate them. You can often get close to the proper horizon by moving the two outer most focus points on the viewfinder so that they are both level on the Horizon.

Most reactions

Back