Canon T3i arrived, newbie questions

cacahuete

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A side from the stickies, what other topics are recommended to read?
I want to learn pretty quickly since I'll be traveling around Europe for a couple of months soon so I need to know some of the essential accessoires.

-Got the camera
-EF-S18-55 IS II
-The in-the-box stuff

I'd like to use the camera for shooting landscapes and those kind of things.
Recommendations of accessoires and which on specifically

Read the manual

Then read it again

Then read it again whilst playing with the camera

Then ensure that wherever your camera goes your manual goes too until such time as you never need to reference it again.

You might also want to get and read the:
Digital Photography Book series (books 1 - 4) by Scot Kelby - a basic intro to photography and ideally suited to the beginner

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson - a good grounding book on exposure with examples and case studies as well as ideas to work with.

After that play around and see where it gets you. For landscape you might want to pick up a tripod - although for travel a good tripod can be a pain (and an ultra cheap one too weak). A monopod would be an affordable and easy to transport item and would be worth considering.

Welcome to the forum

All that is said above. When travelling spare batteries are always handy as are spare memory cards. Small strong tripods are available that are great for travelling and a good weather resistant bag is a must. Enjoy your new camera

Most reactions

New Topics

Back