Canon vs. Nikon

Want to know the truth! All of the companies put out an outstanding product! Each has stong and weak points but it's really about personal preference.

Now - GET OVER IT!!! ;)

MDowdey said:
i think im about 5 seconds away from locking ANY thread that has a title like nikon Vs. Canon. this is dumb to even debate about. just start shooting with whatever you have and stop thinking so much!

The point of this thread was to question your PREFERENCE. I'm not saying that either one is definatley better, but many people do have an opinion or personal favorite. This thread happens to concern Canon and Nikon. Many people that I've talked to do prefer Canon. Plenty others prefer other cameras, but thats just the people that I've talked to. I use Nikon and I like Nikon... but I've been wondering about Canon BECAUSE I don't know much about it. I thought that this might help me (as well as anybody else who cares to know) hear other's opinions.

Since when was asking a crime?

Hehe... I suppose I thought it would be an attention grabber... :) I suppose I could change the name if it bothers you all that much though. :wink:

thread_wont_die.jpg

:)

Hehe! :D Thanks!! :D

It is kind of odd. Like when people slow down to look at a car accident.

Zoolfoos said:
I will say that I'm a bit skeptical about the whole firmware thing with the 300D and Digital Rebel (if you don't know... one of the main differences between the 300D and the Digital Rebel is the firmware. You can hack many of the Digital Rebel's features into your 300D by updating it's firmware with the Digital Rebel's). Although I do understand that many companies do this... I still think its kinda stupid. I love my Nikon FM! Nice'n fully manual!

So... which do you prefer? Why?

The 300D is the european name for the digital rebel, with identical features in every single way, as far as I understand it. Am I mistaken somehow?

I prefer my canon (Elan 7n with a 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM II lens), because it was less expensive than an equivalent nikon body/lens combination (N80/F80) and I liked the feel of it and the autofocus performance better. The N80 seemed a bit cheaper, and I like the fact that every canon autofocus lens has a built in motor - no coupling with a funny little screwdriver to a motor in the body, as is the case with the less expensive nikon lenses.

If I was buying a used camera, I'd prefer a nikon fm2 or something similar to a canon A-1... but of course it would cost me about CAN$100 more.

Well, at this point we've determined that I was slightly wrong about the whole Canon thing. Oh well...

Thanks for posting. Your opinion is shared with a lot of people I know... but personally I like everything to be fully manual, although I was looking at the Nikon N80 recently (I would like a camera from the F series... but they're a bit pricey).

walter23 said:
The 300D is the european name for the digital rebel, with identical features in every single way, as far as I understand it. Am I mistaken somehow?
Nope. Perfectly right. The only difference is the little paint in the corner. European have the 300D, americans the Rebel.

Most reactions

Back