Canon vs nikon

roundone00.jpg

Oh my god... the fact that you know that they are the same class of camera means that you know that you can't really go wrong either way. I'd say they are too similar to have any meaningful differences make or break a deal. To me, it's all about if you want white glass or gold trim glass?

127200265.jpg

You know, Nikon is like Patron tequila. Canon is like Jose Cuervo. Now, at the end of the night,you end up in the same situation. How do you like your liquor? Smooth and tasty? Or kind of like terpentine and potato-based vodka mixed?

Ford vs. Chevy....

And Sony fits in like Dodge!

I wonder has anyone here actually got both so that the comparison is worth reading

I wonder has anyone here actually got both so that the comparison is worth reading

Derrel uses both for a start!!
I know people use both brands but I meant both cameras the OP asked about

Yeah, sorry I actually missed the bit where he says 'T3i or d5100?'. I just thought it was another dull and boring Canon VS Nikon thread, it seems their is actually a question being asked. Still a pointless thread though to be honest, there are a billion of these questions being answered already on this forum.

And as always, the decision to buy which camera should be made in the store after seeing which feels better to use and handle. I made my decision this way. Canon entry level cameras just feel Cheap in my opinion and I think Canon should improve the quality being offered at the low end. I would probably be a Canon user now if it wasn't for the dreadful plastic toy feel of their entry level cameras as I originally wanted to buy Canon..

Derrel uses both for a start!!
I know people use both brands but I meant both cameras the OP asked about

Yeah, sorry I actually missed the bit where he says 'T3i or d5100?'. I just thought it was another dull and boring Canon VS Nikon thread, it seems their is actually a question being asked. Still a pointless thread though to be honest, there are a billion of these questions being answered already on this forum.

And as always, the decision to buy which camera should be made in the store after seeing which feels better to use and handle. I made my decision this way. Canon entry level cameras just feel Cheap in my opinion and I think Canon should improve the quality being offered at the low end. I would probably be a Canon user now if it wasn't for the dreadful plastic toy feel of their entry level cameras as I originally wanted to buy Canon..
Good points but I suppose we all want to buy the best we can for our budgets so a reassurance beforehand is nice.
To the OP google comparisons on this for your answer, I imagine not many would own or have used both for a worthwhile opinion

nickzou said:
Oh my god... the fact that you know that they are the same class of camera means that you know that you can't really go wrong either way. I'd say they are too similar to have any meaningful differences make or break a deal. To me, it's all about if you want white glass or gold trim glass?

White glass or gold trim glass? Meaning the LCD screen?

Derrel said:
You know, Nikon is like Patron tequila. Canon is like Jose Cuervo. Now, at the end of the night,you end up in the same situation. How do you like your liquor? Smooth and tasty? Or kind of like terpentine and potato-based vodka mixed?

Lol! Nice comparison!

nickzou said:

White glass or gold trim glass? Meaning the LCD screen?

No, some of Canon's high end L-glass zooms are white in color, with a red ring. Nikon's high end glass has a gold ring to designate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back