Canon Vs. Nikon

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
That's a tough one for me. I prefer Nikon's film cameras, but I don't think their digital products are as strong as something like the Canon 10D.

I guess I would say Nikon for film and Canon for digital.

But then again, it's not like I know what I am talking about anyway :)

I would agree with Chase. But I have neither. I have a Minolta. I'm interested to see how the X3 sensor pans out the next couple of years. At half the megapixels of Canon's 6MP sensor, it seems to actually capture more detail. Fuji's sensor is quite nice but is not available on an SLR yet.

I don't get caught up in the brand of the equipment. It's really the Lens that matters (except with digital where the sensor also matters). Canon makes good glass, they also have crappy glass. Nikon makes some good glass and also some crap.

Having sold both on a daily basis, I would have to say (as most others will also tell you) that it's just a matter of personal preference.

Like Chevy or Ford. Take your pick. They all follow the same basic rules of controlling light, they both have ups and downs. No matter which one you get, you're going to take the same pictures about 95% of the time regardless.

Yeah, that is what I'm hoping. Considering DSLR prices for the bodies are nearly the price of an F5 body.

the D70 looks pretty darn good for 1000 bucks, way more options then the Rebel, from the preview specs anyways, i am pretty impressed with Nikons new little camera

I have always preferred cannon in digital cameras. While I do not currently own one because my dream camera is $7K I have always been impressed by the abundance of options and the overall quality of their cameras.

Cannon in my opinion leads the market with new technology more often than their competitors.

Yo,
Well I am just going to say Canon, because from what I have personally seen of digital cameras, and what I have felt of my friend's Nikons and Canons - I've always liked the Canons more.
Of course I am biased and I love my G5. ;)
Me, the Flea

Most reactions

Back