Canon Wide Angle 10-22mm lens

duceduc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am searching for my next lens to purchase for landscape and I amlooking into getting the Canon 10-22mm. Searching through Amazon.com and amazon.jp, I came up with two different lens pictured, but the description title is almost the same. As you can see, one is longer than the other. Is there a difference in quality wise? The price is about $100 apart.

USA site
Amazon.com: Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs: CANON: Camera & Photo

Jp Site
Amazon.co.jpF Canon ’´LŠpƒY[ƒ€ƒŒƒ“ƒY EF-S10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM APS-C‘Ήž: ‰Æ“dEƒJƒƒ‰

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've heard this is a very sharp lens...another good option is the tokina 11-16 2.8 or the 12-24 f4. The Tokinas are also very sharp and a bit cheaper

I am searching for my next lens to purchase for landscape and I amlooking into getting the Canon 10-22mm. Searching through Amazon.com and amazon.jp, I came up with two different lens pictured, but the description title is almost the same. As you can see, one is longer than the other. Is there a difference in quality wise? The price is about $100 apart.

USA site
Amazon.com: Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLRs: CANON: Camera & Photo

Jp Site
Amazon.co.jpF Canon ’´LŠpƒY[ƒ€ƒŒƒ“ƒY EF-S10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM APS-C‘Ήž: ‰Æ“dEƒJƒƒ‰

The 2 lenses are the same lens. For some reason the one posted in Amazon USA site is stretched.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the replies. I looked at the photos again and examined it longer. It does look the same. Just one seems to be stretched. I wish they haven't stretched the price since they are the same lens.

One would assume that the Japan price is the price from a Japanese store, and that would be the lower cost. As Canon makes their lenses in Japan, there's no significant transportation cost built into the retail price. The USA price also gets set perhaps once or twice per year, based on the exchange rate between the yen and dollar. So it may sometimes 'work out' that the lower cost may be in one country for 6 months, then another for the next 6 months.

Also, the USA version would have the USA warranty, good at Canon USA repair centers. The Japanese version would likely have the warranty good at Canon Japan repair centers. Note that Canon USA does not honor 'grey' market (non-USA) lens warranties. Presumably, the reverse is true in Japan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back