Canon XTi vs Nikon D40x

leopardforest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently taking a B&W film photography class and I am really enjoying it, but when it is over I will no longer have access to a darkroom. So I am looking for a DSLR. The main two that I am torn between is the Canon XTi and Nikon D40x. I am also considering the Canon XT and Nikon D40 but considering both the Canon and Nikon have have about the same jump in performance for the XTi vs XT and same for Nikon I am assuming the only difference is in resolution and few other features.

Here is what I know so far:
Canon: They seem to have a larger selection of lenses. The XT and XTi offer the self cleaning sensor. They are a well trusted name and popular.

Nikon: For some reason it seems a little more appealing to the eye to me. The Nikon seems to have more built in functions.

But as far I can tell the two cameras the D40x vs XTi and D40 vs XT seem to be the same camera so I am having a hard time deciding. So please help me out with your opinions!!

Thanks!!

P.S. Is the iso on a film the same as digital?

I'm no expert but I think you want to be comparing the D80 versus the Xti.

Wait until you have gotten through the class.

There may be something that you will have come to love that one or the other doesn't have. (a spot meter say) Or has something that you have no use for. (flash circuit that can handle 250V say)

Or something totally other. Right now you need to be immersed in B&W.

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back