Canopies

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
An opportunistic shot from a cafe overlooking the market at Newark, Nottinghamshire, taken whilst I tucked into my haddock and chips!

Tony

Newark-market-canopies.jpg

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/01/variations-on-theme.html

It's pretty neat...but I think it would have been cooler if you could see the sky as well. Like maybe a wider angle and pointed more up. I'm not sure if I make sense...

Nice work anyways.

Tony! You're back!!!
I was wondering and wondering about you!
My composition hero!
You are not disappointing me with this new one, either!

Thanks for the comments Sideburns and Corinna. No sky possible in this one Sideburns without also having a row of C18 buildings too, then it would get considerably away from the effect I was going for.

I've been moving house Corinna - I've gone from the west coast to near the east coast - from Lancashire to Lincolnshire! But, now I've got things more sorted I'm getting back into posting again.

Regards, Tony

Cool composition, but I find the television a bit distracting.

As always, you have a good eye for an interesting/unusual shot!

Thanks for the comment Campbell. It certainly looks like a TV, but it's a shopper's face framed by some brackets/supports. I took a few shots before I could get a face in the only gap that revealed the shoppers. It was my thought that the face added a focal point and a contrast to the red/white geometry of the canopies.

Regards, Tony

Thanks Antarctican. It's not often I can get a shot without leaving my dining table :).

Regards, Tony

Thanks for the comment Campbell. It certainly looks like a TV, but it's a shopper's face framed by some brackets/supports. I took a few shots before I could get a face in the only gap that revealed the shoppers. It was my thought that the face added a focal point and a contrast to the red/white geometry of the canopies.

Regards, Tony

That's the intersting part of this shot. The sea of red and white and then....huh? I was thinking it was a poster.

Well done.

Most reactions

Back